TEGNA to Acquire 11 Local Television Stations in Eight Markets
On March 20th, TEGNA announced it will be acquiring 11 local television stations in eight markets, including four affiliates in presidential election battleground states. The proposed transaction adds complementary markets to TEGNA’s existing portfolio of top network affiliates. See the full press release here.
- – TEGNA launched a true crime podcast too! Listen to episode one now at https://apple.co/2T7XAz5 or on Spotify, Sticher or Google Play.
Burger King is at it Again – New Campaign Shows Competitive Conquesting at its Finest
Building on the success of the “Whopper Detour” campaign, the fast-food chain recently debuted its “Burn that Ad” in which it encouraged users to use augmented reality to set competitors’ ads aflame from inside the BK app. Mobile Marketer has more details here.
- Meanwhile, things have gotten ugly between beer companies MillerCoors and Anheuser-Busch, as the former is suing the latter over its Bud Light Super Bowl Ad that shames Coors Light for using corn syrup in its brewing process. Read the full story here.
eMarketer Predicts Growth in Digital Spaces
The research company published a handful of articles that we took note of this month:
- – Social Video Ad Spending Will Grow 44% by 2021
- – Ad spend on OTT streaming video will increase 20% this year to $2.6 billion
- – US Esports Ad Revenues Will Grow 25% in 2019
Good News for Local News: Viewers Shifting to Over-the-Air TV
New research from Nielsen shows there’s been a major shift to Over-the-Air TV (OTA) as cord cutters start to explore alternatives to cable subscriptions. A good portion of these viewers turn to OTA to pair local news to OTT and video-on-demand subscriptions. See the full report here.
- – Nielsen Highlights Importance of Running Campaigns with Linear, OTT, and Digital. It’s clear that advertisers need to consider running cross-platform campaigns with TV, OTT, and digital advertising. Find out why on the TEGNA Marketing Solutions blog.
Premion’s Dedication to Transparency is the Focus of New AdExchanger Article
Premion’s Jim Wilson is featured in this week’s On TV & Video column: Read the Q&A on how Premion is driving transparency with MadHive and the future of OTT advertising via Allison Schiff at AdExchanger here.
About TEGNA Marketing Solutions
The marketing experts at TEGNA stay up-to-date with industry news so we can continue to be Trusted Advisors to our clients. We take the time to understand our client’s unique marketing needs to create a customized solution based on insights and industry expertise. From concept development to implementation and measurement, we offer the highest level of support as your marketing partner. Contact TEGNA Marketing Solutions today to find out how we can improve your marketing strategy.
Missed previous roundups?
I’m averaging 5 to 10 phone calls a day with people calling for more information about our school. They say they were searching online and saw our ads — our internet marketing is working very well.
TEGNA has made our business an actual brand, not just a startup. It’s driven people to see we’re a real company with quality products.