How does your brand reach consumers between the ages of 18 to 49? Do you advertise through Linear TV? What about streaming media? How is your brand reaching a digital audience?
A new study from Nielsen collected data from advertisers that ran campaigns across TV, Over-the-Top streaming (OTT), computer, and mobile, and found that the best way to reach the 18-49 demographic is with a cross-platform ad campaign that serves ads across both TV and digital. In fact, a campaign like this reaches 59 percent of audiences in the country, with only 12 percent being reached via digital only.
Among the other interesting finds from the study reveal:
– Linear TV is still the best way to reach the 18-49 demographic, as it drives 8 times more impressions than digital campaigns alone.
– Digital Ads bring an incremental 16 percent increase in total reach of cross-platform campaigns.
– Meanwhile, a separate study found the Connected TV devices bring an incremental reach of 3 percent on top of Linear and Digital in the 18-to-49 demographic.
The Importance of Cross-Platform Campaigns
Whether your business is a local grocery store, a regional auto dealership, or a major university, with Nielsen’s latest insights, it’s clear that advertisers need to consider running cross-platform campaigns with TV, OTT, and digital advertising.
With TEGNA Marketing Solutions’ Linear Broadcast options, our advertisers can reach one-third of American Television households. Our OTT solution provides access to more than 125 top-tier content providers, and our digital platforms reach an estimated 37 million through our Local Broadcast Websites & Apps solution. From concept development to implementation and measurement, we offer the highest level of support as your marketing partner. Click here to start building a campaign unique for your brand.
Want more insights from Nielsen? Check these articles out on the TMS blog:
– New Nielsen Study Underlines the Importance of Linear & OTT Combined
– 5 Takeaways from Nielsen’s Latest Report on Modern Media Consumption
TEGNA has made our business an actual brand, not just a startup. It’s driven people to see we’re a real company with quality products.
I’m averaging 5 to 10 phone calls a day with people calling for more information about our school. They say they were searching online and saw our ads — our internet marketing is working very well.